Hear the words of Our Blessed Mother, Our Lady of Guadalupe



Know for certain, smallest of my children, that I am the perfect and perpetual Virgin Mary, Mother of the True God through whom everything lives, the Lord of all things near and far, the Master of heaven and earth. I am your merciful Mother, the merciful Mother of all of you who live united in this land, and of all humanity, of all those who love me. Hear and let it penetrate your heart, my dear little one. Let nothing discourage you, nothing depress you. Let nothing alter your heart, or your face. Am I not here who am your mother? Are you not under my shadow and protection? Am I not your fountain of life? Are you not in the folds of my mantle? In the crossing of my arms? Is there anything else that you need? Do not fear any illness or vexation, anxiety or pain.

Monday, December 12, 2011

Meditation for the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe

In the Name of the Father, and of the Son, ☩ and of the Holy Ghost. Amen.

O God, Who willed that, under the special patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary, we be laden with perpetual favors, grant to Your suppliants that, as we this day rejoice in her commemoration on earth, we may enjoy the vision of her in heaven. Through Jesus Christ, thy Son our Lord, Who liveth and reigneth with thee, in the unity of the Holy Ghost, ever one God, world without end. Amen.


Hail, holy Mother, who brought forth the King Who rules heaven and earth world without end.

Ps 44:2
My heart overflows with a goodly theme; as I sing my ode to the King.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Hail, holy Mother, who brought forth the King Who rules heaven and earth world without end.



A Reading from the book of Sirach
Sirach 24:23-31

I bud forth delights like the vine, my blossoms become fruit fair and rich. I am the mother of fair love, and of fear, and of knowledge, and of holy hope. In me is all grace of the way and of the truth, in me is all hope of life and of virtue. Come to me, all you that yearn for me, and be filled with my fruits; for my spirit is sweeter than honey, and my inheritance better to have than honey and the honeycomb. My memory is to everlasting generations. They who eat of me will hunger still, and they who drink of me will thirst for more. He who obeys me will not be put to shame, they who serve me will never fail. They who explain me shall have life everlasting.

Thanks be to God.


Cant 6:9
Who is this that comes forth like the dawn, as beautiful as the moon, as resplendent as the sun?

Sirac 50:8
Like the rainbow appearing in the bright clouds, and as the flower of roses in springtime. Alleluia, alleluia.

Cant 2:12
The flowers appear in our land, the time of pruning has come. Alleluia.



A Reading from the Holy Gospel according to Luke
Luke 1:39-47


At that time, Mary arose and went with haste into the hill country, to a town of Juda. And she entered the house of Zachary and saluted Elizabeth. And it came to pass, when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, that the babe in her womb leapt. And Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit, and cried out with a loud voice, saying, Blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb! And how have I deserved that the Mother of my Lord should come to me? For behold, the moment that the sound of your greeting came to my ears, the babe in my womb leapt for joy. And blessed is she who has believed, because the things promised her by the Lord shall be accomplished. And Mary said, My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior.

Praise be to Thee, O Christ.



Blest guardian of all virgin souls,
Portal of bliss to man forgiven,
Pure Mother of Almighty God,
Thou hope of earth and joy of heaven!

Fair Lily found among the thorn,
Most beauteous Dove with wings of gold,
Rod from whose tender root upsprang
That healing Flower so long foretold

Thou Tower against the dragon proof,
Thou Star to stormtossed voyagers dear;
Our course lies o'er a treacherous deep,
thine be the light by which we steer.

Scatter the mists that round us hang;
Keep far the fatal shoals away;
And while through darkling waves we sweep,
Open a path to light and day.

O Jesu, born of Virgin bright,
Immortal glory be to thee;
Praise to the Father infinite
And Holy Ghost eternally.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment